Heathy recipes! I am a big breakfast fan. I love creating new breakfast and trying things out in the kitchen with my little 6 year old. These recipes are on the healthier side. Feel free to change the ingredients a bit for your taste.
A delicious and warming breakfast treat.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dried coconut chips
4 tbsp fat free vanilla yogurt
1. Combine apple juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in oats, chopped apple, maple syrup and raisins.
3. Reduce heat and cook until most of juice is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
Fold in walnuts.
4. Top each bowl with a tablespoon of yogurt.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Calories Per Serving: 271
WHOLE WHEAT WAFFLES
A healthier choice than pre mixed pancake batters. Top them wisely as that will add calories,
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1egg, lightly beaten
1 cup low- fat buttermilk
2 tbsp honey
1. Whisk whole
wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a
2, In a small bowl, combine egg, buttermilk and honey.
3. Make a well in dry ingredients and stir in egg and buttermilk mixture.
Allow batter to rest for a few minutes.
4. Set a nonstick frying pan to medium
high heat. ( or waffle maker )
Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls
on to griddle or pan. Cook until the edges begin to dry and bubbles appear in
Flip and cook for 1–2 minutes more.
(Makes 8 pancakes)
Calories Per 2 Pancake
This smoothie harnesses the natural sweetness of the Watermelon.
3 cups watermelon chunks
1 small banana, chopped
1 cup ice
1 1/2 cups
0% fat vanilla yogurt
1. Put watermelon chunks, chopped banana, ice and yogurt in a blender.
Blend until desired smoothness.
2. Pour into glasses.
(Serving Size 12 oz)
Calories Per Serving: